Error: TileSystem.Runtime.dll added twice?

cmiller

Topic

Hi There,

I was just wondering if you've seen this error before, or if you have any ideas why I'd be getting it?

It pops up every time I do a build.

>> File Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/TileSystem.Runtime.dll added twice
>> UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Thanks in advance!

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 1

Hi

No I have not come across this issue before. Do you somehow have the same dll in your assets folder twice?

Ideas (Always backup first :)):

• Try closing Unity and making sure the "Temp" folder is deleted.

• Try closing Unity and then deleting the "Library" folder so that Unity reimports everything from a clean slate.

I hope that this helps, please let me know how you get on.

cmiller

Response 2

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like I do indeed have it twice.

Assets > Rotorz > TileSystem > TileSystem.Runtime.dll
and
Assets > Rotorz > TileSystem > Standalone > TileSystem.Runtime.dll

Is this incorrect?

Thanks again! :D

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 3

These are supposed to both be present.

If you have somehow nuked the .meta files of these two assets then that could very well be the cause.

Please ensure that the inspector of the Assets/Rotorz/TileSystem/TileSystem.Runtime.dll file specifies that this is only to be used for in-editor.

Karyudo

Response 4

I'm having the same issue. The one file is checked in the editor and the other the stand alone but it's still thinking the same plugin is used twice.

Did try deleting the whole thing and reinstalling. Only seemed able to build Windows Store builds without it installed at all though (stand alone seems to build with but also with the error).

Last edited by Karyudo (2016-11-28 02:12:12)

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 5

Are you able to provide a sequence of steps that I can follow to reproduce the issue at my end (starting with a blank project)?

Many thanks

Karyudo

Response 6

It seems I can apparently. I simply created a new project  with Unity 5.4.3f (2D or 3D), imported the entire Rotorz 2.4.4 off the asset store, save scene, and went to build settings and hit build.

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 7

I have just tested and can verify that this error message does get logged in Unity 5.4.3f1.

The problem does not occur in the beta version of Unity 5.5.0 nor does it seem to occur in the earlier versions of Unity.

On first impression this seems to be an issue introduced in this version of Unity which looks as though it may have been fixed already. I will try to get in touch with Unity to find out more about this issue.

Many thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

cmiller

Response 8

OK, glad it wasn't just me! :)

Karyudo

Response 9

Oh good. Hope that's the case. I know I wasn't having that problem before and I'd swear I was using 2.4.4 but I did update Unity recently.