How to refresh plops by API ?

pixellore

Topic

Does anyone know how to refresh plop object by API?

Is there such API exist? if not editor seems to do it somehow so I wonder if it is implemented on editor only function internally.

Because it is not open sourced, and it is compiled dll, I can't tell what editor does to do this?

Cheers.

-- Edit --

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be ANY API that I can use to plop object or refresh the plop... PlopInstance class doesn't have any painting functions either than going back to its brush class. But brush class doesn't have plop function neither.

So I can't refresh it, nor repaint it. I am trying to figure out how to get associated game object on the brush so I can try and recreate what the editor script does.. So far no good. :(

We need the source files for this tool!

Last edited by pixellore (2017-07-03 14:36:31)

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 1

Existing plops can be refreshed using the "Refresh Plops..." option from the tile system inspector.

pixellore wrote:

Does anyone know how to refresh plop object by API?

There is an internal API that you could invoke with reflection:

internal static class PlopUtility
{
    public static PlopInstance RefreshPlop(TileSystem system, PlopInstance plop)
}
pixellore wrote:

Because it is not open sourced, and it is compiled dll, I can't tell what editor does to do this?

I take the intention of that comment as being rather hostile. I should remind you that you chose to purchase a closed source asset; it was explicit that this was the case in the product information.

pixellore wrote:

We need the source files for this tool!

As previously indicated; I am working to release the asset as open source; but it is going to be a while since there is a lot of work to do. I can assure you that re-raising this point WILL NOT expedite the process.

pixellore

Response 2

I was not trying to be hostile at all. I think I was expressing my frustration after searching for the answer for hours and hours.

The fear of not being able to use the tool since it has been deprecated has probably contributed to it as well.

I fully understand that the Rotorz will not get any new features, but if it is usable in current 5.6 Unity version as it is, I do not mind a lot.

I was just stating the facts that the source is closed and compiled so I can't figure out how the editor does what it does. I meant nothing otherwise. It just means I could not figure it out on my own so naturally fear came over me because of the tool has been deprecated and I was afraid of not getting any replies on the forum too. (since this typically does happen a lot for deprecated tools)

Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the internal api. I thought there may be one. Once the tool becomes an open source, there should be less problem trying to figure out things like this.

And apology for any comments that may have raised some misunderstanding.

Cheers.