boorch

Topic

After I updated to Unity 5.4.1f1 my Rotorz window got broken.

Check out the screenshots below and you'll understand what I'm saying. Can you reproduce the problem Lea?

OEz3pA.png

A3X0lz.png

I suspect it may be affiliated with the "retina screen" stuff added to Unity with the last version and I'm using a rMBP.

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 1

I am unable to reproduce this issue, but unfortunately I don't have a retina screen to test on.

If I create an editor script to diagnose the issue would you be willing to run it and take some screenshots for me so that I can try and figure out how Unity is handling retina support?

boorch

Response 2

sure, we can also do a join.me session if you want?

Btw I'm okay for a "temporary" solution (i suppose it's easy to handle) since I need to work today but I can install an older version of Unity anyways.
Awaiting your reply.

Last edited by boorch (2016-09-25 15:52:20)

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 3

Hi boorch;

I have prepared a script for testing so if you are able to do a join.me session with me then that would be fantastic.

Many thanks!

boorch

Response 4

i'll be available in 5 minutes, do you want me to send details over PM?

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 5

Please send the details via this contact form.

Many thanks!

boorch

Response 6

Hey there! Lea solved my problem temporarily but here's another quick and dirty solution:
All retina-supported apps on OSX have a checkbox called "Open in LowRes mode" in the "Get Info" panel. If you check that, your unity will run in Non-retina resolution and everything looks as intended.

Last edited by boorch (2016-09-28 16:23:33)

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 7

Oh awesome; thanks for the alternative workaround!!

threeeasywords

Response 8

Hi Lea, I'm experiencing the same issue on my MacBook Pro Retina. I'm using LowRes mode for now but I'd like to know what you'd suggest?

Lea Hayes
Rotorz Limited

Response 9

threeeasywords wrote:

Hi Lea, I'm experiencing the same issue on my MacBook Pro Retina. I'm using LowRes mode for now but I'd like to know what you'd suggest?

Hopefully I will be able to include retina support in an update soon. At the moment it is difficult for me to test my retina support since I don't have any retina displays to hand for my Mac.